Ashley started Crossfit back in 2011 and fell in love with the intensity of the workouts. She is trained in Olympic style weightlifting under “Coach” Chris Wilkes (USAW World Team men’s coach 2013 and 2014) and his sons Caine Wilkes (USAW National Champion for 2013, 2014, and 2015) and Coard Wilkes (2011 American Open gold medalist). She competed in her first USA Weightlifting competition in November 2013 and her first Crossfit competition in August 2015 and has been hooked ever since. Competing in these sports has given her the opportunity to become the athlete she always wanted to be since she was a child. Ashley moved to Hawaii in 2014 with her husband Lawrence Yap and her two (now three) dogs, and Arkaios Crossfit has been their home ever since. “Crossfit and Oly Lifting have become a major part of my life and a true passion, I couldn’t ever imagine my life without it”.
Most Notable Achievements are:
- CF – Level 1 Trainer
- 1st Place 2015 Hawaii State Weightlifting Championships
- 1st Place 2015 Tropic Lightning Crossfit Competition – Team
- 8th Place 2015 Hawaii VA Games Competition -Team I’d Like a Date with Brooke Ence
- 1st Place 2014 RVA Open in Richmond, Virginia – USAW
- 1st Place 2014 Ogar Strong Open in Chesapeake, Virginia – USAW